Right about now is the time when you start slacking on your New Year’s resolutions. We get it. Setting a goal and starting a new lifestyle is tough! Especially when it comes to starting an exercise routine. That’s why we believe in establishing a community to help you get in shape. After all, over one-third of the population wants to exercise more this year, so finding buddies shouldn’t be hard!
Why not start your search for the perfect work out team where you spend the majority of your time? Working out with coworkers can be a great team-building experience and it will help everyone stick to their goals!
Here are a couple of simple tips to turn a work team into a workout team:
- Start simple. Send out an interoffice memo to your colleagues and say, “Hey, let’s be gym buddies! What’s your schedule like?” Or maybe something along those lines, but less canned.
- Set a date and time to meet up at the gym (or park or yoga studio or wherever) and stick to it!
- Call up your friends at Deprigo to order matching gym swag so everyone knows that you’re gym buddies.
That last step is crucial because you want to look the part and getting new activewear really helps put that pep in your team’s step. Imagine all the other employees at work when they see your awesome new gym bag swag… take that Deborah from accounting! Should have joined when we asked!
“What kind of items should we order, Maddie?”
Well, I’m glad you asked! We have quite a few items that we can brand for your team, but here are few items to get you started:
- Gym Bag- But not just any gym bag. This bag has plenty of storage space and special compartments to help you stay organized- even at the gym. We especially recommend this if you’re inviting your boss to come with you, because he/she is sure to be impressed by your organizational prowess and this might even land you a promotion (*no guarantees).
- Hat- This is especially great for outdoor activities. For instance, if softball is your activity of choice, you’ll definitely need matching hats to keep up with the corporate Joneses.
- Water Bottle- Stay hydrated! Nothing is more embarrassing than passing out from dehydration in front of your coworkers. Trust us and stay hydrated. Plus, you can use this all day at your work to represent your team and keep your drinks perfectly chilled.
- Gym Clothes- This is a must-have. Whether you’re playing basketball or trying hot yoga for the first time, your team needs special apparel, and we have every type of shirt/pants/socks/etc. you could ever need.
- Towel- To keep the gratuitous sweating you’re sure to be doing under control and not embarrass yourself in front of your colleagues (ref. #3).
To help you out, we crafted this memo that you can save and send out to your team, and make the ordering process really simple. Just copy/paste the below into an email and you’re on your way!
To: [Recipient Name] From: [Your Name] Date: [Date] Re: [Subject] ___________________________________________________________________ Good Morning Team, As many of you know, I’ve committed to living a healthier lifestyle in 2019. I know many of you have expressed similar intentions and, with your help, I’d like to organize an office-wide exercise program. I’ve done a bit of research, and I believe [type of exercise] would be the most beneficial activity for our team. There is a [gym/facility/studio/park/etc] where we can pursue [activity] on [day/time] of each week. For those of you who are interested, I will be ordering some apparel for us in our team colors. Please respond with your interest and shirt size by [order due date given to you by Deprigo]. With your help, I believe we can be a better, stronger, more active team. I hope you will join me in on my [activity] team. Sincerely, [Name]
We’re looking forward to seeing you and your team meet your fitness goals for 2019! Give us a call when you’re ready to order all of your apparel!